top of page
Family Hayride

– Licensing –

WPHS is responsible to license and monitor family child care homes. Providers must be 18 years of age
and a resident of Grant
and Pope Counties.

Family Child Care

Foster parents provide a stable and loving home for children who are in need of temporary care. The licensing social worker assists the prospective foster parents by coordinating the licensing process.

Child Foster Care

WPHS assists clients who wish to provide Foster Care services to adults in the community. A licensing social worker provides coordination services to prospective
Foster Caregivers. 

Adult Foster Care

Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) are types of person-centered care delivered in the home and community. HCBS programs address the needs of people with functional limitations who need assistance with everyday activities, like getting dressed or bathing.

Home and Community
Base Services - CRS

Fee schedule for all child care and corporate adult foster care licenses.


  • Child Care License ($50/year) (fees waived for 2022 and 2023)

  • Corporate Adult Foster Care ($500 initial/Renewal) 

To Report Adult Abuse or to make a Vulnerable Adult Report 

Call 1-844-880-1574Mandated reporters can contact the
Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC)
If the vulnerable adult is in immediate danger, call 911.

Child Abuse and Neglect Report

Reporting Abuse or Neglect
If the child is in immediate danger, all 911 or your local police department.

Anybody can make a voluntary report of suspected child abuse or neglect if
hat person has reason to believe that a child has been mistreated. Others are mandated to report by statute.

If you are unsure if you should make a report, call  800.291.2827 & ask for INTAKE.  You can email the fillable form to

The identity of the reporter is always kept confidential by social services staff. 

If you have a licensing complaint feel
free to email or call the information below:


Western Prairie Human Services


211 East Minnesota Ave., Suite 200
Glenwood, MN 56334

15 Central Ave NE

Elbow Lake, MN 56531

Licensing Complaint


211 East Minnesota Ave East
Glenwood, MN 56334


15 Central Ave NE

Elbow Lake, MN 56531

Contact Us

Thank you for contacting us. We will contact you within 2-4 business days. 

bottom of page