top of page

– Child Support –

Every child needs financial and emotional support and every child has the right to support from both parents. Devoted parents can be a loving and supporting force in a child’s life. Minnesota’s Child Support program benefits children by enforcing parental responsibility for their support.


Either parent of a child may apply for or get certain support services from the Child Support Unit. Depending on the circumstances associated with the case, there may be fees assessed for collection unless the applicant receives public assistance (Minnesota Family Investment Program, Medical Assistance, or Child Care Assistance). For families that do not receive public assistance, there is a 2% fee for payments processed.


Collection Support Services

WPHS agency provides a variety of services to assist in the collection of child support.

  • Locating parents for child support

  • Establishing paternity / legally naming the father of a child born outside of marriage

  • Establishing, modifying and enforcing court orders for basic support, medical support and child care support

  • Working with other states to enforce support when one parents does not
    live in Minnesota

  • Enforcement remedies including, but not limited to, driver’s license suspension,
    tax intercept and contempt of court



You may wish to consult an attorney for
assistance as we CANNOT help with:

  • Legal separation and divorce

  • Custody and parenting time

  • Spousal maintenance (alimony) establishment

  • Collection of other debts not related
    to support obligations

  • Legal advice or counsel

Contact your Child Support worker

  • If you or the other parent moves

  • If you or the other parent get a new phone number or job.

  • If the number of children living in the home changes.

  • If there is new information that might help locate the other parent.

  • If you apply for public assistance.

  • If you are involved in other Court actions regarding support payments.

wheat white.png

Child support agencies and County Attorneys do not represent

either parent in child support actions. Rather, they represent the

best interests of the child according to the requirements of child

support statutes and guidelines. In Minnesota, parents can also

use an expedited process to resolve child support matters where

they can represent themselves.

How to Apply

If you are applying for or are receiving public assistance in WPHS,

your application for child support services will automatically be

referred to us. If you would like to apply for our non-public

assistance child support services, you must complete and submit

an application.

Where to Apply

A person needing child support help may apply for child support

services in WPHS in the following ways.

  • In person -
    Visit or by mail to request an application be mailed to you.

      211 East Minnesota Ave., Suite 200
      Glenwood, MN 56334

      1-800-291-2827 or 320-634-7755

      15 Central Ave N
      Elbow Lake, MN 56531
      1-800-291-2827 or 218-685-8200

  • Online - Download and print the application form from the
    Minnesota Child Support Enforcement Division website.


  • Please send completed forms to:

      211 East Minnesota Ave., Suite 200
      Glenwood, MN 56334

      15 Central Ave N
      Elbow Lake, MN 56531

  • Or the county the court order was issued by.


Minnesota Child Support web calculator is a tool to
estimate your child support payment or what to anticipate
your support to be.


Mother & Daughter
Vegetable Picking

Father’s Resource Program

Services Available: 

  • Assist Parents Complete Pro Se Motions: Modify child support,
    change custody, parenting time assistance, or establishment of
    custody and parenting time. The Fathers’ Resource Program does
    not provide legal counsel, but does assist with filling out court forms, gathering information to support motions and scheduling hearing.

  • Information: parenting, discipline, child development and conflict resolutions.

  • One-On-One Support: Parents experiencing difficulties with parenting issues, visitation schedules or relationship building.

  • Information and Referral: Each individual will be assessed and
    given appropriate referrals or information.

Loving Son

Lynn Nesland: 218-632-3600

MAHUBE-OTWA Community Action

311 S Jefferson St. • Wadena MN 56482

For additional information on the child support program, visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services Web site at

Minnesota Child Support Forms and Documents.
Minnesota Child Support Court Documents

bottom of page