top of page

- Child Care Assistance - 

For more information, please visit the
Minnesota Department of Human Services website.

The Basic Sliding Fee program can help families pay for child care
while they look for work, go to work, or attend training or school to prepare for work.


To apply, submit a Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program Application.
Return the completed application to Wester Prairie Human Services.

Types of Child Care that Qualify

The WPHS Child Care Assistance program can pay any licensed child care center or licensed child care home that is registered with Grant or Pope Counties. The Child Care Assistance Program can also pay unlicensed child care providers. Additional fees and certifications may be necessary to become a legal unlicensed child care provider.

For more information, please call:

Children and Teacher in Kindergarten

Western Prairie Human Services operates a Child Care Assistance program that helps families pay for child care so that parents can work, attend school, or look for a job. This program is supported by state and federal funds. The family may need to pay a portion of the child care cost. This amount is called a co-pay and is based on family size and income.

211 East Minnesota Ave., Suite 200
Glenwood, MN 56334
1-800-291-2827 or 320-634-7755

15 Central Ave N
Elbow Lake, MN 56531

1-800-291-2827 or 218-685-8200

2-color icon.png
bottom of page